Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Art of Memory - 5

Remembering to forget

Readings: Blanchot, M. Awaiting oblivion (trans. John Gregg), Lincoln/London: University of Nebraska press, (1962) 1997 (extract: pp.45-57).
Hacking, L. Rewriting the soul: Multiple personality and the science of memory, New Jersey, 1995 (extract).

So what is my question or comment on any of these exerpts? Well falling asleep was one of them  and 'Awaiting Oblivion' was a bit 'Waiting for Godot'....but without the humour which then reminds me of "Waiting for Elmo', which is on u tube




'rewriting the soul' was interesting and informative. In the middling section 'Hacking' expressed some views on
Freud that I happen to agree with..ummmmmmmmmmmm. I can't forget what I do not remember. think critically.....



Film: The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, the title is a quote from Alexander Pope's poem Eloisa to Abelard.

No comments:

Post a Comment