Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

On the way back home to Sydney....

Friday night was late, to be followed by not such an early morning with Deb looking surprisingly chipper. Another visit to the gallery was rewarding in many ways. All of the work looked different in the daylight. Belinda's winning piece I could appreciate fully in the new combination of artificial light and daylight as I could now see the images under the solid glass. A produce market in the park area around the galleries was well attended by locals, visitors and glassies who were all attracted by the freshly cooked, picked and brewed victuals on offer. I bought honey, peach & rosemary jelly, watermelon & rosepetal jam to take home, and a fried egg and tomato roll with fresh orange juice to consume on the spot.

Wagga Art Gallery was somewhat ignored the night before, rather in shadow of the event next door, but after a stroll in the delightfully warm Autumn morning we ventured inside for another look at 'Leviathan' by CJ who recieved a highly commended for his multimedia piece..which BTW I loved. Upstairs I found a textile exhibition that was incredibly compelling. I had spent longer in tha gallery than the others (usuall) and found them chatting and sharing grapes Simon with one of the entrants. Finally we dragged our selves away...

Unfortunately a friend of mine found herself reluctantly in Wagga base hospital so i was dropped off for a surprise visit. Lori I think was somewhat astounded to see me as Wagga is at least 4 1/2 hours drive from where I live. It was lovely to visit and chat while I got over having someone be SO pleased to see me....well I suppose after a week in hospital any visitor is welcome. Kate and Deb had spent their time in the hospital cafe discussing their art works for this semester.

On the road again, out last stop was at Minson Glass Art in Binalong to see Peter and Lindsay. Wayne and his wife Marina where already ensconsed in the Cafe/Gallery part. A stop here is never short as Peter is wonderful to listen to and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment