Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

In Karen's sewlutions jar...yikes!

I have committed myself, via Karen's (of 'didyoumakethat') sewlutions jar to knit myself a cardigan. Whilst glass is my usual medium of choice I do like to make 'soft' things too. I have been able to knit for at least 20 years, but I've never gone beyond hats, scarves or the odd fingerless mitten. Karen's jar seemed to be an ideal way to make sure this happened this year. Her blog has quite a high readership so the pressure is on!

So...progress? Well it is summer right now and quite a hot one at that, but I have decided on a yarn and a pattern (which I have now bought and downloaded)

The yarn is from Tanis Fibre Arts, I think I would go with the poppy, but their colours are so gorgeous I'm having trouble deciding. (edit; I ended up going to a wool fair in Canberra and buying something there)

The pattern is Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnston, I was inspired by Tasia of Sewaholic's version.

didyoumakethat

No comments:

Post a Comment