Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Paths through the forest @ M16 Art Space

'Paths Through the Forest' mmmm hmmm I thought at reading the exhibition title of an opening coming up soon at M16. "That sounds right up my street". But I almost didn't go. You know those days, you get to the end of them and you feel grubby and tired and just want to go home and fall on the sofa?  Well in the end, despite the plaster 'decorated' clothing and skin I walked over to M16 from the Glassworks. I'm so glad I did, I had a chance to meet one of the artists Julie and share some of our fascinations with the folk and fairy tale world (that rarely happens with other visual artists).

This weekend M16 Artspace are having an event 'A Thousand words' where Canberra writers respond to the artwork with some story telling. I'm looking forwarrd to it!

A wife made of flowers by Julie Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment