Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Tree exhibition project

Well what was the Dryad project has changed. After a day of drawing I came to the realisation that prancing tree spirits just weren't going to add to the work as a whole and it was time to change course.

I've started with another piece of glass and different imagery. I've decided to go with the 'Monarch of the glen' type deer with the antlers extended to branches. I'm curious as to how this image / trend started as I can't find references in mythology. I think maybe it's a blend of mythology and contemporary fantasy fiction...but I could be wrong.

 I'm learning how to use gold leaf, the attempt below is just to get an idea of how it looks with the glass. From this I think it will work well if I improve my technique.

trialling components on the kitchen bench, back lit

trialling components on the kitchen bench
example of the deer with tree branch antlers

No comments:

Post a Comment