Finally I got around to ordering a few artist business cards, which arrived in the post today. I'm not sure I want to give them away!
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Well I think this will be the last for me as Dougie has a fellow Patrick Thistle fan in Canberra for the remaining games here and keen soccer fans for the games in Sydney. It was a more lively game than yesterday AND it didn't rain. Asian cup 2015
|the obligatory soccer selfie|
|The soccer fan|
|the bizarre 'nutmeg' dancing wombat?!|
|the game UAE v Qatar|
Saturday, January 10, 2015
I never thought I would attend so many soccer matches. Probably after the world cup in Brazil (2014) I thought, no more. Dougie has tickets to a few games for the AsianCup 2015. For the most part, he has soccer fan company, but today and tomorrow he has to put up with me. As you can see from the images, it was a wet game. S.Korea 1 Oman 0.
Sunday, January 4, 2015
Saturday, January 3, 2015
Thursday, January 1, 2015
This year we stayed at home, really, in the house. But I wanted, as we now know we are staying, to ritualise Newyear/Hogmanay to include our home. I put together a bit of a mishmash of tradition and neo pagan elements.
- Lit candles to start (a little before midnight)
- Ate the handmade biscuits to thank all the good things from the past year 2014
- At midnight we Drank to the New year along with our hopes and plans 2015
- Opened the back door to let the old year out.
- Swept the living room with a broom made from a bush in the garden to the front door.
- Opened the front door to let in the New year
- Placed the broom at the threshold.
- Our cat Thistle was the 'first foot' :)
- Lit the smudge stick and smoked it through all the rooms in the house.
It felt right to mark the turning of the year in some way. Lets see how it goes!
|After sweeping out the old year, our garden broom lays across the threshold.|
|Ingredients for the smudge stick were all gathered from the garden. Dried lavender, rose petals and rosemary. It smelt good.|